miércoles, 3 de septiembre de 2008

Artigas, by Nicolás L

José Artigas was the principal leader of our revolution. His ideas were excellent projects for a free country, and also his strategy during the battles was amazing.

Our freedom process started in 1811 in “La batalla de las piedras” when he and his men killed most of the Spanish warriors. After lots of won battles he had to go to live in Paraguay because of a treachery. There he lived still his death in 1850.

Today we remember him as the most important piece of our revolution and as a national hero. He always wanted a good life quality for the poor people and a union between the neighbor countries, but his project could never be real.

6 comentarios:

Elona Hartjes dijo...

Thank you for telling me about Jose Artegos. I live in Canada and really don't know much about your country. Do you know much about Canada?

Elona Hartjes dijo...

Sorry, I realized I spelled Artigus incorrectly in my earlier comment.

Anónimo dijo...

good job

Anónimo dijo...

ARTIGAS*..
R.I.P

Anónimo dijo...

very nice...thank you for telling me about Jose Artegos. I have never heard of him. I live in Jacksonville, Florida.

Audrey dijo...

Very interesting history Nicolas, and very well written. I had not heard of Jose Artegos before